Get social with us!

It quietly sneaks through a home undetected by the families living within. It isn’t there to steal but will attempt to take away your health or if left undiscovered long enough your life. No, this isn’t the start of a script to a B grade movie, it’s about the “silent killer” also known as carbon monoxide. The reputation CO has comes from being a gas that’s completely odorless, tasteless, and invisible. Each year there are thousands seek medical attention for side effects such as; headache, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, cognitive impairment, visual impairment, and motor function issues.


Don’t worry! You don’t need guys in hazmat suits walking through your home with ominous beeping detectors searching for any sign the silent killer is there. Prevention is the single most important step taken to reduce your chances of being affected. Installing carbon monoxide detectors in the living spaces of a home and testing monthly is the first life saving step. Gas hot water heaters, furnaces, and generators are home appliances when malfunctioning or not properly ventilated cause CO to build up into dangerous levels. Get an annual inspection by a trained professional who will find key areas that need repair while ensuring any work completed is done properly. Also remember when using a portable generator, keep it outdoors and in a well ventilated area.

Here at the Hansen family, we wish you all a safe and happy turn of the seasons. Thanks for stopping by!